Under the Bed

Sunday mornings feel good. It’s the day I look back at what’s been accomplished for the week. A good bit got done, but there’s more to do.

This week I worked on my bedroom.

It had become a place to sleep and not a place to dwell. I was laying in bed one night and all I could think about was what was under my bed.

When was the last time I looked under my bed? What was being stored there? When was the last time it was thoroughly cleaned?

The next morning, I found the answers.

My daughter had a guitar case and a couple of plastic bins of clothing under my bed. She has a platform bed and cannot store anything underneath, so I offered my space. It was a collection of dust and dog hair under there, so this had to change. The top of her wardrobe was empty, so I placed the bins up there. The guitar case is by the back door awaiting storage.

I moved the bed to another location in the room and cleaned the floor during it’s move.

Also, as I was laying in bed that night, I found myself staring at an empty wall wondering what time it was. I rolled over and grabbed my phone from the bedside table, but the light hurt my eyes. I wanted a clock on that wall.

clock
It says Kensington Station, London.

“Go big, or go home,” is my thinking.

I see God working in the details of my life.

The really good stuff is in the details my darling, and sometimes that begins by looking under the bed.

This reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes – there were always monsters under the bed. Gosh this comment will hopefully make sense to you and you will laugh. If not if you google calvin and hobbes bed monster – then you will . Hugs!

The title reminds me of monsters under the bed too! Fortunately, mine are just dust bunnies. Thanks Dave!

I love those aha moments when you God hits you in the head with something …

Same! It sometimes begins with a chore, but the end result is beauty. Thank you Sandy. ❤

3. A. Michelle! says:

God is in the details. Great read. 💞

Thank you lovely! ❤

4. Alien Resort says:

We had to clean under the bed because the cats would hide there when it was time to take a pill or go to the vet.