My Front Yard

This is one of my favorite memes.

ayear

Last year, I wrote about The Bird Feeder.

I loved it, but spent a lot of time agonizing over the squirrels. They wouldn’t stay off the feeder and wound up destroying one of them.

Fast forward to today, I feed the squirrels.

I pour the feed right on the ground. Didn’t realize they make a feed for squirrels and birds to share. I found it at the local hardware store. My daughter laughs at me for doing this.

At first, she saw it as defeat. I’d given up on having a pretty feeder and the squirrels won, but I don’t see it as that. I see it as making a difference in their lives. If they come into my yard, they’ll be fed without a fight.

I don’t dump food out everyday, but this is the year of making a difference in community. Last year prepared me for this year.

I added to the meme.

imaginewhat

I didn’t spend a lot of time on this meme to make a difference in what it says.

Last year was preparation. This year is to make a difference. It seems that begins in my own front yard.

1. Imagine what two can do. Perfect addition and one I needed to hear.

2. Nice thinking. I’m sure it warms your heart and the squirrels are certainly appreciative 😉

Thank you. 🙂 It makes life better for both.

3. Adil Parray says:

Better than surrendering to squirrels, better let them join the team.

It makes me think we could also convert some negative moments or experiences into positive ones.

The tables were turned and all that was added was compassion. We can do this in every situation. Thank you for sharing.

4. Julie Krupp says:

What a beautiful way to surrender and recapture the joy of the task! This is an incredible example of success!

Thank you Julie! ❤