Trust Your Crazy

I do some crazy looking stuff.

Like molding butter to fit the butter dish.

Yes, I have a Pioneer Woman Butter Dish, and it’s a little wide for one stick of butter to fill, so I buy a slab of butter. Let it get room temperature, and mold it with my hands to fit the dish. It’s crazy, I know! It takes a bit to get all of the butter off my hands, but it’s worth it.

When I left my marriage, everyone I knew gave me a look, or told me, ‘That’s crazy!” Well, we see how that turned out. I’ve had the most fulfilling years of my life to date. When people heard I moved to a tiny house on 40 acres, with my teenage daughter in tow, it sounded crazy, but there again… Best experience ever!

I have friends who own local shoppes that I love to visit when time permits. It’s a no rush type thing, where we catch up, as I look around. I saw this sign a couple of weeks ago, and it made me smile. I told myself, “Barb. Like, you really need one more sign.” So, I left the shoppe without it, but couldn’t forget about it.

I told myself I’d go back the following weekend, and if it was still there, I’d buy it. Well…

trustyourcrazy

It makes me smile every time I see it.

Sitting here on this dreary, rainy day, looking back over the last several years, it’s been crazy. It would seem some of the best paths are. That first step is always scary, and some may call it crazy, but from where I sit, it’s an extraordinary life.

I’ll continue to trust my crazy.

1. hazel says:

This post made me smile. I’m always second-guessing myself and doubting my “crazy” ideas, but this has inspired me to give myself permission to just have a go and see what happens. Thank you!

I’m glad it did. I smile everytime I walk by and see that sign. Sometimes I turn my gaze toward it on purpose, just to give myself permission to roll with what I’m thinking. Have a go and see what happens. It’s an ‘out of the box’ experience for sure. Thank you darling! xx

2. You inspire me to trust mine more. I have quite a bit myself.

I’m glad Crystal! It’s nice to know we’re not alone in our crazy. 🙂

3. When has crazy ever been wrong?

More than I’d like to admit. But it’s been fun! 🙂

1. True, but so is the fun part. 🙂Enjoying your blog. Smooth flow. Peaceful. Reader feels at home.

Thank you Michael. I’m happy you’re here and pleased to have found yours. That’s the purpose. For Reader’s to find peace and feel at home. A safe haven of sorts, with a minor bit of crazy unleashed every now and again. Many blessings to you.

3. Likewise. It’s a little slice of digital sanctuary on WordPress. Despite the occasional annoying glitch, I’ve found a wonderful community of beautiful bloggers and writers sharing generously their thoughts, heart and home. Great place to be. Blessed we are, Barb

Excellent thought Michael. ‘A digital sanctuary.’ It takes time for the community to form, but it is here. We are blessed indeed.

5. One of those long work days I would’ve given anything just to hang out and write at home …

4. Love this beautiful one… I’ve been quiet a while on WordPress but your posts always bring smile, comfort and sunshine to me! Happy day x

Thank you my darling. You are quiet, but not forgotten. I will wait for you to write some more, but it does my heart good to see you here. Yes love. xx Happy day. xx

I love that dish – it is adorable! xo

6. Michelle GD says:

Crazy and brave (and trust) is a good combination. xo

Goes to show whose opinion is the best for you. Funny thing when I first read this, I thought it was a Wonder Woman butter dish😄, I guess I am the crazy. Lol

Pioneer Woman is my kind of Wonder Woman. Not that crazy. Yes. We know our own heart. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

8. Julie Krupp says:

I have the same baskets in my laundry room, Marshalls. 🙂 Great post!

Me: Take a picture avoiding the storage bins.
      Julie: Notices the baskets and loves them. (Walmart)
      Thank you lovely. ❤