I’m Still Learning

I spent my entire weekend budget in less than an hour, but….I learned some things about myself in the process.

I had stopped buying vintage items.

I noticed it over Christmas. Getting sucked into online world. Click a button, and it’ll be at your door the next day. Sometimes the same day. Get it sent to a ‘locker’ near you and pick it up in a little while.

Immediate gratification isn’t lasting.

♥

I drove over to a friend’s Shoppe for a visit and to see if she had any lamps. The lamp in my bedroom was not giving me any joy. It was new, and modern looking, and has been bothering me for a while. My friend’s Shoppe was closed, but there’s an antique Shoppe next-door. It was a good day to wander through one of those.

A lamp caught my eye, but it was part of a set. I asked the store owner if he would split up the set. After a quick call to the vendor, it was a yes to the lamp.

lamp1

I love the details of this lamp, and it gives the room a warm glow. My previous lamp was just a bright light. There’s a difference.

lamp2

Items like these aren’t considered vintage to me. I grew up with this stuff. They are however, classic goodness.

Walking through the Shoppe, I strolled from room to room. Was there anything else that needed a good home? Then, I saw this little crushed velvet seat. It would match my bedroom drapes, and give me a spot to sit and put on shoes. (Because everyone needs that)

velvetchair

At this angle it seems to be looking at me. Probably gonna have to give it a name.

♥

No regrets my darling and we learn as we go. I may regret sipping this Bluebottle cold brew later on tonight, but as I already confessed…I’m still learning.

I love that lamp and the chair is adorable. I do like interesting looking lamps, too. Way back in the day, my great – aunt worked at a lamp factory in Brooklyn. I have no idea why I am passing that on, just am!

Thank you Sandy. You are just fun like that. 🙂

2. Julie Krupp says:

Great finds! I love to wander around stores and listen to if anything speaks to me. Sometimes, I know to just turn around and wait for another day. Sometimes, I know I’m going to need a cart. 😉

Thank you Julie! Timing is everything! My daughter loves it when we walk into a store and I pause, then turn around and say, “We’re gonna need a cart.” It just depends on the day! ❤

3. Grace says:

Oh my goodness LOL – You are too right – your new chair does look like a little alien person – so cute!

Right? I didn’t notice till I bent down to take that photo! Haha I sat in it today to put my shoes on and it was perfect! Maybe I will name it Grace. ❤

1. Grace says:

I would be honored and delighted!

It’s a done deal then. Thank you Grace. xx

4. Southern Patches says:

I love the lamp and the chair. I also buy vintage. I collect old stone crocks and I have them all over my house. I think some of the older things have such character.

Thank you lovely. That’s wonderful! They do hold character, and if they could talk…the stories they could tell! Have a beautiful day.

5. I too need to learn. 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️

6. Love your new lamp and velvet seat. Antique stores are the BEST!

Thanks Becky! They really are. I just thought it was a funny realization that I’d began choosing convenience over adding unique pieces to my life. I used to walk through them quite frequently and am pleased to have found that sweet spot once again. Have a beautiful day my darling! xx

7. Des says:

The lamp is gorgeous! I predict you’ll enjoy it the rest of your life. And the chair…it sure does look as if it’s watching! They’re both very unique.

Thank you Des. I’ve always had a thing about lamps. Probably because they give light. They are fun.

8. What wonderful finds!!

Thank you Stephanie! I think they found my heart. ❤