All That Matters

I have this obedience training with shopping carts. If you don’t know about it, you can read it here.

To be promoted in life, I do my best to take good care of what I already have. If I can’t handle what’s been entrusted to me, there’s no need to be trusted with more. (Matt. 25:21)

I went to the market this week, and as I was putting up my shopping cart, I noticed the carts were askew. I took a minute to straighten them out, by placing the large ones on the left and small carts on the right. This gave ample space for more carts.

There was a young man sitting in a car in front of the carts watching me. He could tell I didn’t work there, so he was probably wondering why I was doing that.

This was more than just returning my cart. I was straightening all of them.

Walking back to my truck I thought, “There’s always someone watching.” I paused a moment to take in my surroundings and it didn’t bother me that someone had seen what I’d done. I know there is One who is always watching, and that’s really all that matters.

Amen!

2. Paula says:

💜.

3. Grace says:

While I don’t share your spiritual beliefs I do believe in being considerate of all who share the planet (and the planet itself) – so yes, I always return my cart and any others I find “misplaced”, I hold doors, I say “thank you”, a lot. It IS the small considerations in our daily lives, be it only a smile, that make the world a little bit better on any given day. I often talk about the ordinary being extraordinary because you never know how your little considerations can perhaps change a life – even if only for a moment.

Thank you for sharing Grace. I agree completely. What looks ordinary to us, can be extraordinary for someone else, and that’s the ultimate good. ❤

4. Yes, I have to join your club of trolley straightening, also if they are jutting out into the car lane, the cars cannot move either.

It’s the small acts that keep our hearts pliable. xx

5. Your message resonates profoundly with me, Barb. Being spiritually mindful of God’s omnipresence within every moment and behaving/acting accordingly is truly Worship.

God breathes His goodness and mercy on us everyday. A form of Worship is giving Him that breath back. Thank you Michael, as always. Have a beautiful day!

1. Blessings, Barb 🙏