Collection of Time

For months I’ve been looking at sand timers. Pinterest knows, and my feed is filled with them. I discovered quickly that some of the pictures were just pictures of sand timers and not actually for sale.

Today, I walked into a store I’ve not visited before. It looked like a Home Depot for housewares. It was huge and rather overwhelming, but I knew what I was looking for. A curtain rod.

The trick was finding the drapery aisle, so I started walking and reading signs along the way. The direction of the aisle changed and I stood in front of a long row of shelves. My mission for the curtain rod was now on pause as I gazed at all the pretties.

Then, I saw it sitting right in front of me. It was the only one of it’s kind on the shelf. I picked it up to see how it felt in my hand.

sandtimer

It felt lightweight, and delicate.

The sand looks like finely ground gold, and sparkles. That’s my kind of time.

I haven’t ‘collected’ anything specific in a very long time, but I could collect sand timers. What better to collect than a sparkly collection of time.

1. That is really cool!

2. That really is a lovely one.

Thank you darling! ❤

I love the idea of collecting time. I imagine half the fun would be in finding them at different collectibles shops. I love glass paperweights and want to start a collection someday. ❤️👍🏻

Thank you Colette.

I agree! Just coming across them in those infamous shoppes would be fun! Paperweights are beautiful too! Plus, for a while it would satisfy the age old question, “What to get her for Christmas?” ❤

I have collected book marks for awhile. From Turkey and beyond but my favourite ones were made by my Mom before she passed.

That’s a cool collection. I’m sure they are dear to you. Thanks Dave!

5. What a fascinating little discovery, Barb. I’m not a collector of anything really – perhaps, regrets 😊 – however, if I see a Snow Globe along my path, I have to stop and admire before shaking.

Thank you Michael! Oh yes…..I love snow globes too! 🙂

6. Southern Patches says:

I love it. It’s beautiful, and yes what an awesome thing to collect. Time.

Thank you darling. It’s a sweet find. Right? ❤