Recharge Your Battery

I crawled into bed, turned off the lamp and noticed my room pitch black. The nightlight was off. My daughter and I have this thing about, “As soon as you get into bed, you notice the nightlight is off and it’s across the room!”

The nightlight is a battery operated candle, and I love the glow it gives the room at night. It’s very soothing, until the batteries die. I got out of bed, walked across the room, pulled it down from it’s shelf, and jiggled the switch.

Nope. It was dead. (Dramatic music)

I walked into the hallway for batteries.

I remembered from previous experience, the batteries are a tight fit. A screwdriver helped pry them out. It’s not worth breaking a nail over. Once the batteries were replaced, it was ready to shine.

nightlight

My thought was, I wanted my batteries to be changed as easily as this nightlight. Just pop out the tired ones, and replace with new. Ours are a little more complex, but I bet you know some things you can do this weekend to recharge.

Learn to rest and not quit. Take some time to recharge your battery.

tired

I hope you make the time this weekend to charge your beautiful light. Xx

2. Liz says:

Resting at home and keeping myself to myself, or walking out in nature to recharge.

Last night thought, I had an earlier night than usual and with not being at work today, I allowed myself 2 hours extra in bed this morning.
    I plan to have an early night tomorrow. Whether I will need it tonight, I don’t know. Shall see after my day out.

3. We have to learn to take it easy and when things go awry well they do and not to panic about it as it is easily fixed. Bless you have a magical weekend

Thank you Nanette. You too!

4. I agree we definitely need to recharge 🙏🏼😊

5. I’m in need of a recharge this weekend … not sure how it’ll come with a heavier workload now and being pulled into the office for my third Saturday in a row. So, it’s Sunday to unwind and decompress fully. Domestic chores, cooking, exercise, writing and a bit of nothingness figure in my resolve. Lovely post, Barb. 🙏

I hope you find everything you need to replenish my friend. Thank you Michael. 🙂

6. I rest to recharge or cook something interesting. I was also thinking of going kayaking. There’s a place here in New York I’m hoping to try. Not sure if it would be realistic though this weekend

Do whatever feeds your soul. Kayaking sounds relaxing and cooking replenishes. This week I found myself just standing in the sun. It felt so good to my skin after winter. It doesn’t have to be realistic to be beautiful. ❤

1. Yes I try to get a little sun daily myself. It may be just standing at my front door , walking to the bus or doing something outdoors in my little garden

2. Paula says:

Recharge so you can let your light shine!
        💜