A Dreamy Bed

My heart beats a little bit faster for a dreamy bed.

My daughter was home over the weekend, and I wanted to let her catch up on some sleep. As I closed her bedroom door, this quote came to mind, and I remembered this photo on my vision board.

lethersleep

The two combined became a meme.

I’ve been pondering linen for my bed, but have you priced linen sheets? The real ones are not merely a purchase. They’re a freakin’ investment! A linen bed-skirt would be a sweet touch, and keep the dust bunnies out from under the bed.

I have really good sheets on my bed.

I laid this napkin on the sheet this morning before making up the bed. Yes, the sheets feel as good as they look. The quality of mattress, sheets and pillow reflect the quality of sleep.

How you sleep, is how you feel the next day.

napkin

The napkin is for a bar, but we use them on our coffee bar. Whoever said you need alcohol to get buzzed has never drank our coffee!

Hey there little mountain mover. If you’re gonna wake and move some mountains you’ll need really good coffee, and a dreamy bed.

Hey, I enjoy your writing so much I nominated you for the Leibster award. (See my post). It’s a fun way to let others know about you and your blog. Hope you’re well. ❤️

Life is beautiful my darling. Thank you for the nomination! I’m deeply moved. Will go check it out! ❤

2. Yes a good bed and mattress is a must and linen sheets are very cosy. Lovely post.

Have you used linen sheets? I’m so undecided! Thank you darling. ❤

1. Yes ive got some which k bought from la redoute but i forgot they were french sizes so had to alter them a bit. They do feel good to sleep under and dont need ironing which is great. 😊

Thank you darling! I will take a look at those. xx

3. You are so right always been my principle to buy a good mattress, with good quality cotton sheets, with good pillows which gently support the head. I love the feel of pure cotton it breathes summer or winter.

I love good, quality cotton! Thank you lovely. xx

4. I sleep on Mulberry Silk pillowcases. They keep my hair from getting frizzy, and they supposedly help prevent wrinkles ! 🤗

Yes my darling. My daughter sleeps on silk pillow cases. They are a savior for long hair, but I didn’t realize they prevent wrinkles! Actually, that’s my hesitation in buying the linen sheets. Wrinkles! Thank you Sally. 🙂

1. Haha…Yes, I agree…linen is a lovely natural fabric, but it gets wrinkled easily.
        I agree with you that our bedding makes a big difference in the quality of our sleep.
        This year I invested in a weighted blanket after researching them carefully, and for me, these are really comforting. 🤗

Yea….just can’t wrap my head around waking up in wrinkles. Hah! I’m happy you invested in one of those. My daughter has one and they do bring comfort.

My wife used to sell mattresses and she knows an amazing amount about their construction. She sold so many one year the company gave us both a first class holiday! Pillows also, she buys latex because they are antimicrobial. I think you and her would love talking about colour and things of that nature. Our bed has a duvet on it that is multi coloured with a graphic abstract Indian inspired motif.(her description). When it comes to decorating, furniture – she chooses and I nod my head. Willingly – LOL

I’d love to pick her brain about the new hybrid mattresses. I saw one advertised made from bamboo, and that’s sounds magical! You know how to have a happy marriage. 🙂

My wife said bamboo is supposed to breathe really well, is a natural insulator and a renewable resource. ♥
        She suggests you google benefits of bamboo products and sends a hug.

Tell her ‘thank you’ for me. I like the idea of a breathable mattress. The set I have is still relatively new, but will depend on Google to help, when the time comes. ❤