Love and Light

Today is her birthday and she turned 21.

She’s not here though. She’s in England.

It’s an odd feeling for both of us. We were texting the other night about her turning 21, and she said, “I wish I were five.” Well, my darling. I remember five, and wondered if I’d do anything different? Then she said, “We have a beautiful life.”

bayandmomo
Here she is at 5 years old.

She is the reason I started this Blog.

Just because I’m  taking a break from Blogging, doesn’t mean I cannot celebrate this day with you. The meaningful work-To serve the people I care about by writing another chapter. Let’s write more chapters.

One of my favorite pictures of us was right after we moved into our first home together. It was a tiny house situated on 40 acres of land. I kept her hook baited, while she fished from the pier. That pier is where I stood with God every morning before dawn. That was also the house that taught us how to kill scorpions.

We were walking to the truck, and you grabbed me for a selfie. We weren’t wearing any makeup, and I had forgotten to use eye drops that morning, but it was a moment. Even blurry-eyed, we have that ‘deep in your heart’ happiness. Our life felt groundless, as the only thing we knew we had was God, and He has us.

2014
March 2014

We’ve had chickens, kittens, dogs, and a baby duck live with us. You think it’s normal to hang a disco ball in an old oak tree. When we decided to move, I had to leave it there because it was infested with ants, but you bought a new one for here.

The light from the disco ball dances across the kitchen table where you sit, but today even though your chair is empty, the light is still there. Our life is made of love and light.

I’m here to wish you a spectacular birthday! It’s a new chapter and you’re holding the pen. Touch it to the paper my darling, and make it what you want. Feel and see the love and light.

theworld

1. I’ve been missing your posts, Barbara. Happiness continued to you and your daughter! Wonderful photos!

Thank you Crystal. I took a month off from Blogging, and still not sure how often I’ll be here, but this is a start. Many blessings to you!

1. I understand. Sometimes we have to reserve ourselves for our inner circles. Enjoy your weekend.

2. Beautiful birthday post!

Thank you Becky!

Happy Birthday to your beautiful young woman and happy birth day to you, Barbara! I love the picture of you too. xoxo

Thank you Sandy. ❤

Happy Birthday to your wonderful daughter, and blessings to you for having her! 😉💕

Thank you lovely. ❤

5. Liz says:

I agree with Puzzles of the Soul.

Lovely photo of you and your daugher and a lovely post. 🙂

Thank you Liz. ❤

6. Very beautiful daughter. A blessed Mother and Daughter relationship you both have done something right in your lives it shows all the love in your photos. May your daughter have a fabulous life always full of love and light and May God Bless Her.

Thank you Nanette. ❤