Grace and Space

I was texting with a friend while she was getting ready for work, and wanted to wish her a good day. The words clicked along the tiny keyboard as, “I hope your day is filled with grace and space.” Those words reminded me of my friend Dawn, who uses them as her tagline when signing off.

Today hasn’t gone as planned. My landlord scheduled his handyman for today to make some much needed repairs. I don’t know if you remember our dog Winnie, but I’ve mentioned how people make her anxious, especially if they enter her house. I placed her on a lead, walking her with me around the house, but she knows that means someone’s coming in.

I wasn’t able to get much work done sitting at the kitchen table. The handyman was walking from room to room, in and out of the front door, and his power tools made unfamiliar noises. I decided to step into my bedroom just to have some space to breathe, with Winnie in tow. She relaxed and immediately hopped up on my bed which is a treat for her.

I grabbed my laptop and sat down with her. As I’m typing there’s a lot of loud noises coming from the other room, but from where I sit, you can hear the rain coming to a halt. There’s a Cardinal eating birdseed outside the window and heat is coming through the vent to ensure we stay warm. I’m suddenly not worried about what’s not getting done and instead realizing what this day has to offer.

It seems all we really needed was to step into some grace and space.

I love giving myself permission and making time for grace and space. Xx

Same darling. 💖

2. Thank you for the mention on your post. As always, I wish you grace and space. 🤍

It’s my pleasure, Queen Grace and Space. 😍

I like that expression “filled with grace and space” can I use it in my next story? I like Winnie also, my son needs and wants a dog. I hope he gets one soon. You are a good Mom for Winnie.

Of course you may and thank you David.

4. Sheree says:

Winnie looks as if she’s in heaven on your bed

It’s a rare treat for her to get away with that, so she was, and seeing her so content rubbed off on me. Thank you Sheree. 💖