The community of WordPress is a special place.
We lift each other up, and love on one another with comments. Andy here recently nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger award. This is my way of saying thank you. To introduce him to you by sharing his work to my WordPress family.
I love what Andy says about the comparison game. “The only way to win… is not to play.” Thank you Andy for the nomination, and sharing your wisdom. xx
I am honored to receive another Sunshine Blogger Award within the same week. Thank you Pascales Healing Journey for the lovely nomination.
Her questions are thought provoking, so I wanted to share. If you have won an award, and cannot think of appropriate questions, maybe these will help. I’ve been pondering the first question for over a week.
- Are you doing what you truly want to do?
- Do you have a dream to follow?
- Are you proud of what you’re doing or what you’ve done?
- What’s the one thing you really want to do but have never done so, and why?
- Have you ever abandoned a creative idea that you believed because others thought you were a fool?
- Is there anything you can’t let go of, but you know you should?
- Is there anyone who inspired you and made you who you are today?
- What’s the thing you’re most satisfied with?
- When was the last time you laughed and what did you laugh at?
- Are you doing anything which makes you and people around you happy?
- If happiness is a currency, how rich do you think you are?
They are all good questions, but that first one really got me. At first, I looked at the overall scope of my life. Life is a beautiful journey, but there is always room for improvement. I find this question works best applying it minute by minute, hourly, or daily.
Are you doing what you truly want to do?
If not, we have the power to change it at any moment. Maybe you have a job you don’t particularly like, but it brings in income, which is a good tool to have. I have two jobs that are not ideal, but I can work them while practicing this dream.
The hours are flexible, and I get to work from home.
Time is my most valued commodity, and my jobs don’t take a lot of time or energy. What I really want to do is write, and become better at it each day. It takes time to find your voice, and I feel I’m getting close.
Our voice evolves with every click of publish.
I hope you enjoy the list of questions.
May you find yourself doing what you truly want to do.